We are currently looking for a Technician to join our thriving and fast growing business, where we care about doing the best job possible for our valued customers, old and new.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Technician with a minimum of 3-5 years franchise dealership combined with independent experience, to perform the following duties:
• Undertake maintenance, service and repair activities on vehicles of all types to the highest standard within the scheduled times.
• Care for customers’ vehicles and property and seek to achieve the highest customer satisfaction.
• Carry out all work in a safe, environmentally friendly and economical way.
• Build a bank of knowledge and skills to diagnose faults, carry out tests on vehicles and effect permanent and complete repairs.
• Share skills and knowledge to develop others within the dealership.
• Enhance the reputation of Sentinel at every opportunity when interacting with others.
• Interact with customers on a daily basis, working towards becoming a Personal Service Technician within the Volvo Personal Service structure.
You will be required to work 8:30am – 5:30pm, Monday – Friday and every other Saturday, 9am-1pm.
• Served a recognised apprenticeship or other dealership approved training scheme.
• NVQ level 3 qualification
• Ability to use and interpret information from workshop information systems, including wiring diagrams
• Experience in the diagnosis, servicing, maintenance and repair of motor vehicles.
• Organised and methodical approach to problem solving.
• A care for, and attention to, detail.
• Undertaken manufacturers’ training courses and maintained knowledge of work methods and technical data.
• Self- improvement – deficiencies in skills and knowledge noticed ‘on the job’ should be highlighted to your Manager
• Experience in dealing with customers, both face to face and on the telephone.
Alongside a generous salary of £30-45K (dependent on experience and qualifications), you have the opportunity to earn an achievable performance related bonus (OTE £35-50k); 23 days holiday per year, plus public holidays; opportunity to join the Employee Car Scheme; Company Pension scheme; Childcare vouchers; Discounts on holidays, shopping, entertainment, eating out and much more.
We select the very best applicants to join our business, and in return we will work with you to develop your career. We want you to shine – and we look forward to helping you do so.
If your application is successful, you will be enrolled on a personalised Volvo Cars induction programme, designed to give you all the skills and knowledge needed to deliver a premium experience to all our customers. This will be a blend of product, systems, and skills training, including instructor led courses at Volvo Car UK’s Training and Development Centre in Northamptonshire, e-learning and self-study. You will be encouraged to gain your Master Technician certification.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£50,000.00 per year